The Alberta Food Matters Board of Directors is asking GFSA facebook and listserv users and others who share common interests and values with Alberta Food Matters (AFM) to officially become a member of AFM by paying a membership fee.
We seek your support as a member in the further development of AFM and for the GFSA network users and their critical work. In 2015 and 2016, with the help of an Alberta Culture facilitator, AFM is creating an effective, action-based strategic plan. Your support will help make implementation of this strategic plan happen.
The yearly AFM Member fee structure for individuals is as follows:
Individual member fee range of $10 - $25 per year based on individual's determination on their ability to pay.
Please Note: Membership is valid January 1 to December 31; if you join after September 1 your membership is valid until the end of the following year.
The benefits of becoming a member include:
- Decision-making at membership level (AGM and Special General Meetings)
- An informative e-Newsletter that will be sent directly to your email inbox on a quarterly basis (in development)
- An open invitation to members to attend the free GFSA Network monthly teleconference meetings on the third Tuesday of the month 9:00am to 10:30am
- Use of the Growing Food Security in Alberta Network open-source (Drupal) website to post events, share information including the "Access to Food in Alberta - Local Food Map", and organize collective effort for food security activities (e.g., provincial group for permaculture, urban farming, community gardening, urban chickens or bees, shared cooking and preserving, school food programs, community kitchens, food boxes and co-operatives, etc.)
- Access to Alberta Food Matters virtual library of resources and presentation slides, workshops, and a Speakers Bureau (in development)
- Links to partnerships that AFM has formed for example, UofA and Foster Park Baskett Insurance Brokers, SSHERC research grant partners with UofA and Mount Saint Vincent University
- As a registered non-profit corporation, AFM is able to provide assistance with grant applications (e.g., fiscal agent, grant review / editing) for the hard-working member businesses and organizations at the community level who do not yet have formal non-profit or charity status
Memberships will be activated once a payment is received. If you need an invoice to be sent to you prior to processing payment, please email that request to email@example.com with the details required.
You can mail a cheque:
Alberta Food Matters
Or send an email bank transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org - please make the password your last name
An email receipt will be issued upon payment being received.